Here is one of my favorite batters of all time. Its light and adds a great crisp to your fried vegetables such as zucchini, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and sweet potatoes green beans. Even meats such as shrimps, strips of chicken or even beef. You can pretty much use this batter in many varieties.
** Try it out and please make sure to add this Link so I can see/try what you lovelies created!! Especially if you added a little twist to it
Makes 2 cups
- 1 cup Flour, Sifted (I used 100% White Whole Wheat)
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Ice Cold Seltzer Water (Regular water works fine)
- Whisk the egg. Make sure to mix it well.
- Sifted the flour
- Add the seltzer and the flour, then mix until slightly lumpy. Took me 5 whisk.
- Keep it cold and fry your foods accordingly.
- Sushi Rice (rozeepelin.wordpress.com)